Monday, June 30, 2008

what I'm not tired of

This blog is inspired by Antonia, my new roomie here in DC, who recently wrote about what is currently tiring her.

Well, I was thinking of what I'm not tired of.

I'm not tired of talking.
I'm not tired of libraries.
I'm not tired of seeing green grass and trees.
I'm not tired of breathing fresh air.
I'm not tired of seeing clear blue sky.
I'm not tired of summer.
I'm not tired of rain.
I'm not tired of eating pizza with real tomato sauce on it.
I'm not tired of living with Kim and Toni.
I'm not tired of drinking good coffee most days.
I'm not tired of speaking my own language.
I'm not tired of being able to call my family whenever I want.
I'm not tired of wearing tank tops and shorts.
I'm not tired of being invisible in this city.

All this made me realize that I have a lot to be thankful for. I should probably try to enjoy life this side of the development divide while I can. There are perks. Though there are many things that I am tired of right now, I need to remember the daily things that I'm not tired of.

No comments: